Home fireplaces provide cozy spaces for everyone. When used properly, fireplaces are safe and provide an excellent spot for pets, children and adults of all ages to snuggle and enjoy. If you’d love the heat and coziness of a fireplace but don’t want to deal with the maintenance and fire risk, consider an electric fireplace. They’re simple to use and add value to your Chattanooga-area home or office.
Ask us about electric fireplaces. Call 423-894-8766 today or contact Therm-Con.
Ready to Start Your Project?
8 Benefits of Electric Fireplaces
Electric fireplaces have all the warmth and beauty we desire without many of the challenges of wood-burning fireplaces. The advantages of electric fireplaces include:
- Design: What’s your style? You can have a white, minimalist electric fireplace. You can have an enormous, ornate, Victorian-style electric fireplace. There are plenty of style choices.
- Durable: Electric fireplaces look and perform exceptionally well after many years of use.
- Functional: You can use your electric fireplace year-round, and why wouldn’t you? Electric fireplaces are an affordable feel-good appliance.
- Installation: Some electric fireplaces are this simple: Plug it in, turn it on. If rewiring or electrical retrofitting is needed, they require professional installation.
- Low maintenance: You have to clean a wood fireplace to minimize the soot (and the smell), and you also must have professional fireplace maintenance and cleaning done regularly. Electric fireplaces don’t require any of that.
- Lower cost: A fireplace is a good investment. Electric fireplaces are cheaper and easier to install. No professional cleaning is required, and there are no firewood expenses. Today’s electric fireplaces offer real energy savings.
- No fumes: There are no fire flames or gas being pumped into the system. No smoke is generated. There’s no risk of harmful emissions, like carbon monoxide.
- Safety: Even though they can warm your toes and heat a room, electric fireplaces are safe. They remain cool to the touch, a valuable safety feature when you have toddlers and pets.
What You Need To Know About Electric Fireplaces in Tennessee
Home renovations often include replacing older, wood-burning fireplaces with electric. In addition to the safety and maintenance features, electric fireplaces are more cost-effective and don’t need to be vented. There’s no cleaning required after use.
Most electric fireplaces have:
- Flame effect/dimmer dial
- High/low heat setting
- On/off switch
- Thermostat dial/button
Electric fireplaces need to be dusted when needed to keep the exterior looking good. The inlet/outlet should be free from dust, debris or anything that might block it.
Signs Your Electric Fireplace Needs Service or Repair in Chattanooga
Your electric fireplace can provide as much as 20 years of problem-free service. Common electric fireplace problems can include:
- Comes on by itself
- Keeps beeping
- Keeps shutting off
- Makes a clicking noise
- Makes a squeaking sound
- No heat
- Won’t “light up”
- Won’t turn on
Ready to Start Your Project?
Electric Fireplaces for Homes and Offices
The ease and simplicity of electric fireplaces are a major advantage for most of us. But as simple as their operation is, their installation can be complicated. Don’t risk property damage or injury by trying to do it yourself. Some insurance companies won’t cover damages that result from a DIY electric project.
An electric fireplace offers the lowest cost option for increasing the value of your home. If you’re planning to sell your home soon, an electric fireplace will add measurable return on investment to your property.
Your Therm-Con professionals have some of the best fireplace prices in Hamilton County and 40 years’ experience. Call us with questions! You have many home improvement choices, and electric fireplaces are among them.
To learn more about electric fireplaces, call 423-894-8766 today or contact Therm-Con.