You have shelving in every room in your house. You probably only think about it when you realize you don’t have enough — like when you bring home a new coffee mug, only to realize there’s no more room in your kitchen.
In addition to kitchen shelving units, shelves are beneficial in:
- Home offices
- Laundry rooms
- Living rooms
When it comes to shelving, you don’t have to live with what you have. There are shelf solutions that make your life a whole lot easier.
Ready to Start Your Project?
Shelving: Form, Function … or Both?
Go beyond what you need and include what you want. Here are some shelving ideas:
- Closet configurations – Look at all that space between your top shelf and the ceiling! There are many ways to reorganize your closet space to accommodate clothes and accessories. Categorize clothing by frequency of use and weight. Seasonal clothing can be stored out-of-reach, for example. Shoes can be organized effectively.
- Floor-to-ceiling – Small rooms can have big shelving solutions. Built-in cabinets or open shelves can maximize your space.
- Function – Avoid too-high shelves and limited spacing. If you want shelving for a mini-bar, consider the tallest bottles and glassware on display. But make everything easily reachable by spacing your shelves properly.
- Hidden storage – Your electronics are cluttered, heavy and an eyesore. Choose cabinetry shelves that can stand up to the weight. Consider moveable, stackable bins.
- Your space, your personality – Before adding shelving, first consider the space. Then consider what you want to display or store there. From grandma’s cluttered Precious Moments figurines to your brother’s bobblehead collection, shelves can explain who we are. A suspended shelf displaying a signed game ball and a shadowbox of NFL ticket stubs speaks volumes.
Wire and Wood Shelving Options
Ventilated wire is the most popular shelving choice, and it’s arguably the best choice for closets, garages and pantries. But nothing is as beautiful as wood. Again, what you need to store, where you need to store it, and how much it weighs are unique to every shelf selection.
Choose your types of shelves based on materials and styles:
- Cabinet pull-out
- Fixed-bracket (suspended)
- Right-angled corner
- Rotating corner
Professional vs. DIY Shelf Installation: The Choice Makes a Difference
DIY (do-it-yourself) homeowners are often better-informed and more invested in their property than others. But the best DIY homeowners know when to rely on professional service.
Properly installed shelves will offer years of service and beauty. They’ll be level, stable and trustworthy; that’s worth a lot, especially when you’re storing or displaying heirlooms or valuable collectibles.
Ready to Start Your Project?
Therm-Con professionals will guarantee quality materials and installation. Not to mention that if you’re planning on selling your home, shelving will add measurable return on investment to your property.
- We have some of the best prices in Hamilton County and 40 years of experience.
- We’re invested in what we do, and we’re invested in you because we live here, too.
Call us with questions. When you know more, you make better choices. We want you to choose Therm-Con. Call 423-894-8766 today.